Maxiscan® Model 1000
A cold-light transilluminator designed to quickly and safely find veins in neonatal, pediatric and general population patients.
The Maxiscan® Model 1000 is a small, cordless transilluminator that boasts two settings; nominal and maximum light output. The healthcare professional can utilize the two settings to find the best contrast between organs and veins and the surrounding tissue. With the increased light output, finding veins is easy on a variety of patients, all while maintaining a low exit tip temperature at the lightpipe.
As with all of our other models, the brilliant white light is peaked in the light spectrum for best contrast with the human eye. This unit has all the attributes of our other transilluminators: portability with internal rechargeable batteries, proven rugged and reliable design, but with the added benefit of having 40% more bright white light output than the Pediascan® Model 100 or Pediascan® Model 500.
- Exit tip approximate temperatures is ±94°F (34.4°C) @ nominal output; ±101°F (38.3°C) at maximum output
- UV and Infrared light filtering by internal and external components
- ±7000 foot-candle power @ nominal output; ±10000 foot candle power at max output (40% increase in light output)
- Single argon-filled incandescent lamp output for brilliant white light
- Small footprint – same size as Pediascan® Model 100
- 1.5 hour run time @ nominal output; 5000 recharge life
- Internal, rechargeable 7.2V; 1.8Ah NiCd battery pack with internal polyswitch
- 2-4 hour recharge time – 20 minute fast charge feature
- 100% ABS plastic
- Mil-Spec rubber feet and stainless steel screw
- Silicone encased quartz silica glass fiberoptic lightpipe
- Medical grade stainless steel tips
- Light port side is reinforced with high quality Delrin plastic with strain relief
- Exit tip end is reinforced with strain relief
- Autoclavable or can be cleaned with any approved hospital antiseptic/germicide
- Unit Dimensions: 5 5/16” x 3 1/8” x 2” (13.5cm x 7.9cm x 5.1cm)
- Unit Weight: 1.3lbs (0.59kg)
- Fiberoptic Light pipe: 4 feet long (1.22 meters) with a 0.250” (6.35mm) exit tip